Mandarin Chinese, Simplified Script

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Wed Jun 15 21:58:58 CEST 2005

Karen_Broome at spe.sony.com scripsit:

> For the record, if I were you I'm not sure I'd support the "no linguistic
> content" code -- even if the MPAA wants this.

I can think of a bunch of other bibliographic contexts where it makes sense.
Electronic text, some of which is program code; records, some of which are
instrumental.  (The text on the record label is another matter.)

The other core standards already have such things, like the script code for
"unwritten" and the UN macro-geographic code for "the world".

--
John Cowan  jcowan at reutershealth.com  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.reutershealth.com
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on