Recent updates to UN M.49 won't affect registry

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 18 18:08:26 CET 2005

The free service WatchThatPage recently alerted me to a change in one of
the code list pages for United Nations M.49 (3-digit country codes).

I've compared the new page against a previous version, and determined
that the changes amount only to a reshuffling of the countries listed
under "selected economic and other groupings."  Which countries are
categorized under which grouping is not relevant to RFC 3066bis.
Therefore, no changes to the registry will be needed based on this UNSD
change.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA