Proposed new subtags, when the time comes

John.Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Sat Dec 10 18:20:46 CET 2005

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> Making this process easier on IANA might also motivate them to update
> the registry very soon after receiving your submission.  Nobody likes
> having to write back to IANA and remind them.

In addition, the IANA form is pretty much embedded in the middle of the
request form, so it's mostly a matter of stripping out the additional
material (name of requester, email address of requester, etc. etc.)

> I'm sure I'm not the only one, Michael, who would be willing to help you
> with administrative minutiae like this so you can focus on your main job
> of reviewing proposed subtags.

I propose that such people be known among us as "Language Subtag Dougs".  :-)

--
He made the Legislature meet at one-horse       John Cowan
tank-towns out in the alfalfa belt, so that     jcowan at reutershealth.com
hardly nobody could get there and most of       http://www.reutershealth.com
the leaders would stay home and let him go      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
to work and do things as he pleased.    --Mencken, Declaration of Independence