recently-approved tags

JFC (Jefsey) Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Apr 13 01:08:45 CEST 2005

Dear Peter,
I do not think this threat is of real interest as it takes words out of
their obvious (or at least intended) context. I DO hope that everyone
agrees with me that everywhere, in every time, peace is mostly threaten by
"sorcerer's apprentices". I did not expect that anyone - but those who want
we have 200 European, Asian, African students to register this list and the
WG-ltru - would feel concerned. Except as threaten and incitated at being
careful at not calling them in.

Now, I take you for someone serious and honnest (you are, and you know it,
the most respected one among us). I propose you an experience. Please read
the IESG WG-ltru Charter, read your texts. And ask yourself why you puzzle
a French thinking centric mailing list, with people from all over the world
(AFRAC is a France based test project with projected independent national
copies).

To help you I will try to list and prioritize the criteria I am dayly
confronted to:

- to be clever, realistic, honnest and to consider the real world and
technology as it is - as a consistent challenging and funny continuity.
- to smartly respect the detail of the rules even if they are known to
change, and therefore to have no problem considering their orderly change.
- to deeply care and respect people for who they are, for their rights, for
their personal development, for their final decision.
- to comment on reading and understanding - never on feeling (worst error
:-)  - trying to kindly make understand those who don't
- no to trust (more American), not to distrust (more Asian) people and
ideas, to look at every proposition and judging by its a to z elegance.

You may feel how an "IETF list" aproximation for
"ietf-languages at alvestrand.no" sounds to us so unprofessional, or "American
plot" biaised :-), while you do not even see a problem.
All the best.
jfc