New Last Call: 'Tags for Identifying Languages' to BCP

Addison Phillips [wM] aphillips at webmethods.com
Tue Dec 14 19:28:46 CET 2004

Yes, quite so.

I guess my point would be better stated as:

"There have been many people who have participated in the process of reviewing this document beyond the main discussion list (ietf-languages). It's not our fault that some people who have an interest in the topic were not aware of it."

That is: the IETF process folks should be (and are, I happen to know in this case) paying attention to this. I fail to see what relevence of the relative opacity of the development process: we are having a "last call" which is generating comments (if rather more heat than light). That is the point, isn't it? It wouldn't have served the broader IETF community any better, methinks, to have called them in to discuss early drafts that were rather more immature.

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com

Chair, W3C Internationalization Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.