sl-rozaj-lipa LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 13 12:08:25 CEST 2003

(sub-)dialect

> Resian names: lipawski (adjective); lipawske rumuninje (nominal
phrase).
> Slovene names: lipavski (adjective); lipavski govor, govor zaselka
Lipavac
> (nominal phrases).

I have one concern in regard to this request: is it possible that at
some point in the future we'll want a tag to denote IPA transcription as
a sub-variety of Latin (I think it's needed)? Assuming yes, is there a
chance that we might want to use a 4-letter tag of lipa for this? If so,
then I wouldn't want to see lipa also used to denote a sub-dialectal
variety of some language.

We could side-step the question of a tag for IPA transcription at this
point if the tag for this request was revised to something lik

sl-rozaj-lipawski

Peter

Peter Constable
Microsoft Windows Division