Encoding scripts in tags: evil or just unpleasant?

John Cowan jcowan at reutershealth.com
Fri May 23 17:01:15 CEST 2003

Keld J?rn Simonsen scripsit:

> As I see it you are trying to redefine the meaning of the serbian
> language tag, from meaning "serbian (as costumarly written in the cyrillic
> script)", to "serbian (as written in any script)". Changing the meaning
> of registered entities is a no-no in normal registration administration.

Where is it written that sr means "Serbian as customarily written in
the Cyrillic script?"  I take it to mean merely "Serbian", and to be
equally useful for Serbian written in Latin script, in Cyrillic script,
and not written at all (e.g. in an audio recording).

--
But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.