Updated! LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM : es-americas

Michael Everson everson@evertype.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:33:55 +0100

At 10:16 -0500 2002-09-05, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:
>If your suggestion was serious, it does not make any sense to me
>whatsoever.

I don't think it makes any sense to suggest that the varieties of
Spanish spoken in North and South America comprise any kind of
linguistic unity, and despite repeated requests for any actual
evidence, no such proof has been forthcoming. Acordingly, and as this
code is intended for some kind of locale tagging, it seems to me that
if a geographic code were available then the code could be cobbled
together without asking *me* to approve of it.

Sorry, guys, but I haven't been convinced about this.

SIL doesn't have an "American Spanish" code, does it?
--
Michael Everson *** Everson Typography *** http://www.evertype.com