Correction! LANGUAGE TAG REGISTRATION FORM : es-america

John Cowan jcowan@reutershealth.com
Tue, 4 Jun 2002 21:28:10 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Everson scripsit:

> >In that situation,
> >people want to be able to label that content so that it is ambiguous with
> >regard to Mexican vs. Colombian (vs. Guatemalan vs. Argentinan etc)
> >distinctions -- but they still want to maintain a distinction from Spain.
>
> "They"? Can we see some actual content? I am not sure this category
> is really valid.

The stories reachable from http://www.reutershealth.com/frame2/eline_es.html
are by intention written in es-america.  We also have other material,
not yet available online, that is written in es-es.  This distinction
is important to our customers: in particular, we do not attempt to
market the es-america material in Spain at present, whereas the es-es
material is potentially saleable everywhere.

News articles rarely, if ever, contain any second-person pronouns, and
generally use formal rather than informal terms for buses and the like:
in our case, autobús.

--
John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>     http://www.reutershealth.com