Updating RFC 5890-5893 (IDNA 2008) to Full Standard

Anne van Kesteren annevk at annevk.nl
Thu Nov 15 17:28:11 CET 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 3:23 PM, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:
> May I remind that all what IUsers need is the ability to "filter out the
> filters" as an option, i.e. that the browser transparently transmit the user
> entry. The reason why is that I should get to the same place whatever the
> application or the browser on my machine, and for that I do prefer to use
> the same IDNEngine for my browsers and applications. IDNEngines are partly
> documented in RFC 5895 (partly) because IDNA2008 does not support some key
> features (like majuscules).

What is an "IUser"? Also, what other than "a" (U+0061) would "A"
(U+FF21) map to? Host names have been case-insensitive from the start,
the Turkish I is not going to change that.

Also, the focus on end users over stability of URLs found in markup in
elsewhere feels like a distraction. Most users, for better or worse,
use a search engine these days to get to a particular domain. They no
longer enter addresses in the address bar.

--
http://annevankesteren.nl/