Updating RFC 5890-5893 (IDNA 2008) to Full Standard

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Nov 15 00:23:22 CET 2012

At 16:50 14/11/2012, Kajetan Åšwitalski wrote:
>>Opera also implements the non-normative (and not recommended per the
>>email from John) mapping in
>>http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5895#section-2 per some limited testing
>>I did.  At least fullwidth is mapped to ASCII.
>
>Yes, that's what I meant by "we've implemented IDNA2008 + RFC5895".
>/Kajetan

May I remind that all what IUsers need is the ability to "filter out
the filters" as an option, i.e. that the browser transparently
transmit the user entry. The reason why is that I should get to the
same place whatever the application or the browser on my machine, and
for that I do prefer to use the same IDNEngine for my browsers and
applications. IDNEngines are partly documented in RFC 5895 (partly)
because IDNA2008 does not support some key features (like majuscules).

jfc