[iucg] wrt IDNA2008 migration (was: IDN processing-related security considerations for draft-ietf-websec-strict-transport-sec)

Patrick Suger psuger at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:54:00 CEST 2011

as a group we do not understand because we did not understand what the
problem was and what we really agreed upon. No surprise, this is typically a
"third window" problem. This also is true for Jean-Michel and most of the
"JEDIs" I am afraid.
There is no bottom-up, nor top-down correct approach: this was the actual
IDNA2008 consensus. This is complexity. There is an iterative synergy
approach. The work carried by ICANN WG/VIP might be impressive: yet how
could the IETF methodology address it and make a better internet out of
their variants?
I agree with you guys that the Intersem could be the correct approach but
through internal self-catalysis. However, who is ready to think that way?
PS