Browser IDN display policy: opinions sought

jean-michel bernier de portzamparc jmabdp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 12:25:48 CET 2011

2011/12/13 Gervase Markham <gerv at mozilla.org>

> We are certainly open to proposals D, E, F and beyond. (Although due to
> the way Mozilla works, I can't promise an implementation timescale!)

Users only expect every browser to do its browser job and to possibly
provide a choice among the 0, A, B, C, ... X, Y, Z protection technically
and commercially competitive options. Please remember that ICANN and IETF
are to foster competition in these areas in the best public interest.

Disregarding the 0 protection option is therefore a marketing choice. My
opinion is that it will lead many, if not most to use another browser
offering that option.

Portzamparc