IDNABIS Working Group completes its work

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Tue Mar 16 10:40:51 CET 2010

The document will go forward from the two editors as a non-WG submission.

Although the last poll regarding the "mappings" document seemed to show that
most respondents wanted to proceed with submission to the IESG, the AD felt
that there were mapping issues not addressed to her satisfaction. We were
unable to agree on a version of mapping that would satisfy all concerns
among the AD and editors. Reference to TR46 seemed to be desired by the AD
but as you see from Patrik Faltsrom's detailed review of that draft
document, there is much to discuss and debate. In the end, the only way
forward seemed to be to declare the WG "mappings" document to be "dead" and
to allow a version of it to be submitted for publication as an independent
submission.

vint