OT RE: language question re: IDNs Conclusion

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Thu Oct 8 21:05:20 CEST 2009

:-)

Below is a snippet from an email that I sent prior to receiving yours...

---

Although I have now stated on list that we should use "Homograph(ic)
bundling" in relation to domain labels, this is only because this term has
been so widely used in recent years in this context.

In actual fact, a homograph, in my mind and in this context, is where two
web pages are created that are visually identical - one the original, the
other designed for phishing.  I still believe that "Homomorph(ic) bundling"
is the true term as per the enquiry (same form labels) but alas I am not
charged with creating the terminology for the web/internet so must go with
the flow! :-)

---

If you wish to create a group to discuss/create terminology you can count me
in... As a member of ISO TC37 for some 8 years I do have a little bit of
experience :-)

Best regards

Debbie