[Gen-art] LC review: draft-ietf-idnabis-bidi-06.txt

Kenneth Whistler kenw at sybase.com
Mon Oct 5 21:35:29 CEST 2009

> Thanks for catching this.
>
> The full set of CS characters is:

> At the moment, I can't reconstruct what we were thnking when we decided
> to allow it.

Neither can I.

> The parenthetical remark can go without great loss; nothing depends on
> it. But I wondre why we are allowing CS at all.

I think the text of idnabis-bidi-06.txt should just remove CS
from the list of characters allowed in either RTL labels or LTR labels.

The entire set of bc=CS characters is DISALLOWED in the
tables document, and there is no reasonable prospect that
that would ever change -- many of these characters are
DISALLOWED in labels on multiple grounds.

--Ken