Touchstones for "Mapping"

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Mar 25 00:25:24 CET 2009

I think the symmetry of A-label and U-label together with the use of
only U+002E for separator would allow either or both to be stored. The
A-label has the peculiar advantage that it signals that it is an IDN
with "xn--" and, of course, can be used directly for lookup as well as
being convertible to U-label form at need.

Vint Cerf
Google
1818 Library Street, Suite 400
Reston, VA 20190