Eszett and IDNAv2 vs IDNA2008

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Sun Mar 15 19:53:33 CET 2009

Quoting Paul:

>>How on earth did IDNA2008 become a matter of providing support for
>>this handful of code points?
>
> Note the subject line of this thread.

That doesn't really answer my question. Rather than rephrase it,
perhaps you'll allow me to ask another one. Noting that I am far less
familiar with IETF procedure than are most of the w.g. members, and
may therefore cause unintentional irritation for which I'll ask to be
forgiven up front --

The subject line of this thread implies that an individual member of a
working group can unilaterally draft a replacement to the documentation
that provided the basis for the w.g. charter, and expect that
alternative to be given equal consideration by the w.g.

Is that the way things work?

/Cary