Another field in the DNS

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Mar 2 22:55:04 CET 2009

In message <20090302212316.GN1700 at shinkuro.com>, Andrew Sullivan writes:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 08:10:06AM +1100, Mark Andrews wrote:
> >
> > 	You should get AAA.com back in the question section.
> >
> > 	The answer section should return the case the data was
> > 	entered with in a case preserving system.
>
> Well, that's my reading of the protocol, too, but that doesn't seem to
> be how someone is reading it.  I gave it a whirl, and here's what I
> got:

I keep thinking about turning on case sensitive compression for
The only reason I haven't done it is I have heard reports about
middleware that assumes that the answer section will start with
0xc0 0x0c (a compression pointer to the start of the question
section).  Such middleware is broken.

That reminds we we need to check that this is covered by
draft-ietf-dnsext-dnsproxy.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC