Another Transition Plan Proposal

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Dec 11 01:18:53 CET 2009

On 10/12/09 15:47, Shawn Steele wrote:
> For the time frame I want a deadline.

OK... but I'd add a strong caveat that solutions which require software
to know what time it is are to be avoided if at all possible.

I am not saying "deploy some code in IE now, and have it turn itself on
in six months". I am saying "write a patch for IE soon, and in six
months time check it in to your current development branch". If six
months turns into eight due to delays, and in the mean time the "current
development branch" of IE switches from branch A to branch B, that's no
big deal. Just check in when everyone's ready, or when you think the
remaining people complaining aren't important enough ;-)

Gerv