Another Transition Plan Proposal

Gervase Markham gerv at
Fri Dec 11 01:18:53 CET 2009

On 10/12/09 15:47, Shawn Steele wrote:
> For the time frame I want a deadline.

OK... but I'd add a strong caveat that solutions which require software 
to know what time it is are to be avoided if at all possible.

I am not saying "deploy some code in IE now, and have it turn itself on 
in six months". I am saying "write a patch for IE soon, and in six 
months time check it in to your current development branch". If six 
months turns into eight due to delays, and in the mean time the "current 
development branch" of IE switches from branch A to branch B, that's no 
big deal. Just check in when everyone's ready, or when you think the 
remaining people complaining aren't important enough ;-)


More information about the Idna-update mailing list