Sharp-S and Final Sigma Consensus Call Results

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Dec 9 17:00:15 CET 2009

On 12/9/09 8:54 AM, Paul Hoffman wrote:
> At 10:51 AM -0500 12/9/09, Vint Cerf wrote:
>> it hasn't been cut off - i have already committed to sending a
>> draft in the next day or so to try to synthesize transition ideas.
>
> Sorry, I didn't know that.

Vint mentioned it in a recent post. Granted, there have been a lot of
messages to track.

> In that case, why is there a rush to list
> the opinions of the WG participants?

IMHO, because the call for consensus ended yesterday. Proper bookkeeping
might lead one to believe that it's helpful to summarize the results of
the consensus call.

> I, for one, would choose whether
> or not I am still in favor of PVALID for both based on how reasonable
> the transition proposals are.

I was on the fence as well (not that my opinion matters as much as
yours). That certainly seems like a reasonable position to me.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/