Consensus Call on Latin Sharp S and Greek Final Sigma
jean-michel bernier de portzamparc
jmabdp at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 03:07:15 CET 2009
Since Rod Beckstrom announced the Internet has changed :
- Elisabeth says ICANN wants to delay gTLDs, to delay IDNgTLDs, to keep them
as a pressure on ccTLDs for" Fast Track"
- "MY TRACK" starts testing : "run interplus and IDNAPLUS by yourself, free
from ICANN, IETF and Google".
- Lisa gives ICANN an alibi to delay IDNgTLDs in questionning and delaying
IDNA2008 : a test is needed. Hence with IDNccTLDs
- Andrew Sullivan introduces the progressive transition speed DNS
- Jefsey sends a mail saying that Michael Everson is perfectly right !!!
- Vint Cerf starts "Google Track"
- Elisabeth says she switched to Interplus concepts under BIND and she feel
free, free, free and fast out of anyone's control.
Gee ! This is an hectic life!
What's next ?
2009/12/3 Elisabeth Blanconil <eblanconil at gmail.com>
> hi! Folks,
> I roughly understand that all this is to keep this WG buzy for another year
> on IDNA, in destroying every agreement we painfully found. The target is to
> give some delays to ICANNN. So they can register new gTLDs but no IDNgTLD
> before every ccTLD has signed a contract with ICANN. It sounds reasonable
> and I am glad many participate.
> To obtain it; it was just enough to restart again the boring issues. This
> is why I am surprised nobody thought to discuss TATWEEL yet. What is the
> technical difference between TATWELL's disputed consensus case and the
> eszett and the greek final sigma cases? Also what about French majuscules
> and other issues that we have started the list.
> Elisabeth Blanconil
> Idna-update mailing list
> Idna-update at alvestrand.no
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Idna-update