AW: Mappings - some examples

Georg Ochsner g.ochsner at revolistic.com
Thu Dec 3 01:38:05 CET 2009

By not always writing ss instead of ß they definitely make a distinction. It doesn't matter here if they like it or not or if they are just forced by spelling rules. People living in countries where this distinction is made and officially mandatory are 82 Mio. in Germany and 8 Mio. in Austria. I think this is really more than "some"! And finally people who do not distinguish ß from ss (like the 5 Mio. German speaking Swiss) just use ss anyway and will not suffer from the distinction of others.

Thank you
Georg