Migration timeframe

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Wed Dec 2 01:16:05 CET 2009

Shawn Steele wrote:
>> I just come from reading that the IE variety of browsers is only number 2,
>> in europe at least.
>
> Not sure where you get your statistics :)

Most likely

http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Firefox-ueberholt-in-Deutschland-Microsofts-Internet-Explorer-873082.html

Sorry it's german only.

>> I am sure the Firefoxes, number 1 in europe, not to mention Iceweasels
>> and Operas will update very fast
>
> Hmm, for some reason people ask me for computer help when it acts up, and most of the friends/acquaintances machines' s I've seen with FF don't seem to update it very often :(
>
> -Shawn

I am afraid you are right.

I had a look and it told me, it is Gnu Libidna that needs updating.
I could find it for all kinds of unix only and I could find the
maintainers promise for an update after the update of the rfc's.

I did not find where to get the windows version of Gnu Libidna.

I could find a test page where you can try if it makes sense to update:

http://josefsson.org/idn.php/

And a test server linking to the Libidna project

http://räksmörgås.josefsson.org/

http://xn--rksmrgs-5wao1o.josefsson.org

Kind regards
Peter