idnabis-defs-10: R-LDH labels that are not prefixed with "xn--"

Wil Tan wil at cloudregistry.net
Sun Aug 30 20:02:10 CEST 2009

Dear IDNAbis WG members,
First, my apologies for having not noticed or raised this earlier.

In idnabis-defs-10 section 2.3.1 paragraph 5:

   Labels within the class of R-LDH labels that are not prefixed with
   "xn--" are also not valid IDNA-labels.  To allow for future use of
   mechanisms similar to IDNA, those labels MUST NOT be processed as
   ordinary LDH-labels by IDNA-conforming programs and SHOULD NOT be
   mixed with IDNA-labels in the same zone.

I may have missed it, but don't recall any discussions about restricting the
processing of other tagged domains. Is this the right draft to prescribe
restrictions on how non-XN-Labels are processed?

=wil