WG Review: Recharter of Internationalized Domain Names in Applications, Revised (idnabis)

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Wed Aug 19 21:17:06 CEST 2009

Thomas,

we are so close to the finish line that I don't think it is worth the
time and potential controversy to revise the charter beyond giving
flexibility on the mapping matter.

The notion of including a non-normative mapping document was very late
in the process and the charter just gives the WG the latitude to
include what it agreed in wanted to include in the work.

any charter written 18 months ago is bound to be somewhat out of date,
especially the target milestones. You may blame the chairman for
failing to achieve them but I don't think we need to revise them now
as they would be purely historical given the current last call about
to expire in a couple of days (unless someone actually asks for
extension).

Speaking of which, no one has actually requested an extension of the
original 24 August deadline so I am going to close comments on the
Last Call at end of the day on the 24th unless I hear differently from
the WG participants.

Vint