What should I do?

Vint Cerf vint at google.com
Thu Apr 16 14:21:32 CEST 2009

M. Legoff,

Whatever may be motivating you and your colleagues to post on the IDNABIS
working group list, it is my frank assessment that continued attempts to
argue that the working group is off charter or is assuming responsibility
that you think an IETF working group should not have or that the working
group should be pursuing Jefsey Morfin's Multilingual DNS ideas are
counterproductive not only for you and your colleagues but for the progress
of this working group.

Continued postings arguing for "multi-lingual DNS" or changes to the DNS
architecture are simply not in the mandate of this working group.

At the moment, we just need to define the mapping function(s) we agreed upon
at the last face/face meeting and confirmed again on the mailing list.
Continued postings that divert from this goal will lead to cancellation of
working group list posting privileges.

vint cerf