Tables and contextual rule for Katakana middle dot

Yoshiro YONEYA yone at jprs.co.jp
Wed Apr 8 12:20:25 CEST 2009

Dear all,

Following is proposed modification to KATAKANA MIDDLEDOT definition
in tables-05 document.  Excluding Alphabet and digit causes somewhat
implications to existing registration, but I couldn't find legitimate
explanation for including them as Japanese context.  How to deal with
the implications is decision of registries.

Appendix A.12.  KATAKANA MIDDLE DOT
   Code point:
      U+30FB
   Overview:
      MUST be used with at least one Han, Hiragana or Katakana.
   Lookup:
      False
   Rule Set:
      False;
      For All Characters:
        If Script(cp) .eq. ( Han | Hiragana | Katakana ) Then True;
        If cp .in. U+3005..U+3007 Then True;
      End For;

Best regards,

--