No subject

Tue Nov 18 23:43:20 CET 2008

.<br>
However, the &quot;permanent&quot; interopability issues outlined above are=
 bound to<br>
&quot;taint&quot; labels with an &quot;=C3=9F&quot; for an indefinite perio=
d of time, with the most<br>
sensible option to disallow registration completely to avoid those problems=
.<br>
I think it&#39;s not very likely that all vendors agree on a single mapping=
 -<br>
particularly with the WG scope of not dealing with a mapping as part of the=
protocol. However, i&#39;d like to propose the following:<br>
- add text to Section 5 of idnabis-protocol that says<br>
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0&quot;characters that are PVALID MUST NOT be su=
bject to mappings&quot;.<br>
Or (more focused)<br>
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0&quot;characters that are listed as Exceptions =
(F) in Section 2.6<br>
 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 of [tables] MUST NOT be subject to mappings&qu=
ot;<br>
I&#39;m not sure whether that contradicts the &quot;local matters&quot; par=
t in Section<br>
5.1 (and i&#39;m pretty sure it creates problems elsewhere), but i think it=
solves the &quot;permanent interopability&quot; problem outlined above. Tha=
t means<br>
that &quot;=C3=9F&quot; stops working during the transition period, but als=
o means that it<br>
can be treated as an independent character *after* the transition - bundlin=
g<br>
is not required, Mr Weiss and Mr Wei=C3=9F can both have their distinct dom=
ain<br>
names, etc..<br>
Is that a way forward? Comments appreciated.<br>
Alex<br>