Consensus Call Tranche 8 Results

Mark Davis mark at macchiato.com
Wed Nov 5 02:51:12 CET 2008

It is still premature to add eszett and final sigma until we have some
accompanying text that addresses the security exploit.
The two possibilities I could think of are:

   1. Change the prefix for xn--
   2. Recommend or require that if the name contains either eszett or final
   sigma, that any DNS lookup by client software has to be done twice: once
   with the original, and once with a second string that has these remapped to
   "ss" and sigma respectively, and is then NFC'ed.

Mark