Changing DISALLOWED (was Re: Reserved general punctuation)

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu May 1 23:38:07 CEST 2008

At 21:03 01/05/2008, Vint Cerf wrote:
>thanks john.
>I expect that most of us want a pretty high barrier to  any change
>from DISALLOWED to something permitted. I would also be comfortable
>with a higher barrier than (3) - including requiring a new RFC which
>would imply a lot of scrutiny and broad buy-in.

In line with my other post, I am not sure I understand what will
technically prevent a Government, a group of TLD Registries, a usage
fashion or smart guies to cross that barrier ? I mean what is
discussed here is something which is at pragmatic level, how can a
digital level protocol be authoritative there?
jfc