from the user side

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu May 1 23:43:54 CEST 2008

Dear all,
you discuss the changes that this WG should make or not to IDNA 2003
to produce  IDNA 2008. As I told you several people from france at large
and ISOC France joined this mailing list in order to understand what
your worlk is about and to possibly help when the support of IDNA for
French is concerned. I understand that some other linguistic
communities started or might start copying them. In the coming weeks
some Multilinc culTLD (cultural TLD) and cnTLD (country code native
language TLD projects) could also join.

It would be nice for them if someone could be kind enough to phrase
the WG options in terms of changes of usage for a Registry Manager
and for a User between IDNA 2003 some of them already know and use,
and 2008. I do not want to do it myself from fear of not fully
grasping every details and of being accused to be biased.

I really think that if we want to take advantage of the user's
experience we need to explain them what we consider.
Thank you!
jfc