Cf?

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Tue Mar 18 16:58:21 CET 2008

At 8:33 AM -0700 3/18/08, Erik van der Poel wrote:
>Instead of trying to make a decision for each Cf character, putting
>all of them in CONTEXTO (and two in CONTEXTJ) seems like it would
>leave the door open to those characters (since we can write contextual
>rules for them later).

That's an option. I'm still hesitant to put anything in to CONTEXT*
until we see really what will happen to those characters. So far, the
protocol punts on that with a TBD on the regexp.

>Making them DISALLOWED now makes it harder to allow them later. No?

Yes, but so does making a CONTEXT* mapping that we want to change
later. Any change to a character other than taking it out of
UNASSIGNED, exactly once, is an equivalent instability.

>Anyway, I don't really care about the rest of Cf. It seems like there
>is a more pressing need to make a decision about U+200C.

I see three sequential decisions here:
- Does anything in {Cf} need saving?
- If so, what is the full list?
- What is the context for each item in the list?