Change of the algorithm

Patrik Fältström patrik at frobbit.se
Sat Mar 15 22:02:13 CET 2008

I have found a logical mistake in the order the rules are applied.
Remember that the rules are tested one by one until there is a "hit".

This change is what I propose for version -06.

The rules marked with a '>' are moved to a higher priority

The rule marked with a '-' is changed

OLD:
   The algorithm to calculate the value of the derived property is as
   follows.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category F (Section 2.2.2), the value is
      according to the table in Section 2.2.2.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category G (Section 2.2.3), the value is
      according to the table in Section 2.2.3.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category E (Section 2.2.1), the value is
      PVALID.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category H (Section 2.2.4), the value is
      CONTEXTJ.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category I (Section 2.2.5), the value is
      CONTEXTO.
 >  o  If the codepoint is in Category B (Section 2.1.2), the value is
      DISALLOWED.
 >  o  If the codepoint is in Category C (Section 2.1.3), the value is
      DISALLOWED.
 >  o  If the codepoint is in Category D (Section 2.1.4), the value is
      DISALLOWED.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category J (Section 2.2.6), the value is
      UNASSIGNED.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category A (Section 2.1.1), the value is
      PVALID.
-  o  If the codepoint is not in Category A (Section 2.1.1), the value
      is DISALLOWED.

NEW:
   The algorithm to calculate the value of the derived property is as
   follows.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category F (Section 2.2.2), the value is
      according to the table in Section 2.2.2.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category G (Section 2.2.3), the value is
      according to the table in Section 2.2.3.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category E (Section 2.2.1), the value is
      PVALID.
 >  o  If the codepoint is in Category B (Section 2.1.2), the value is
      DISALLOWED.
 >  o  If the codepoint is in Category C (Section 2.1.3), the value is
      DISALLOWED.
 >  o  If the codepoint is in Category D (Section 2.1.4), the value is
      DISALLOWED.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category H (Section 2.2.4), the value is
      CONTEXTJ.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category I (Section 2.2.5), the value is
      CONTEXTO.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category J (Section 2.2.6), the value is
      UNASSIGNED.
   o  If the codepoint is in Category A (Section 2.1.1), the value is
      PVALID.
-  o  The value is DISALLOWED.

    Patrik