WG Review: Internationalized Domain Name (idn)

Mark Davis mark.davis at unicode.org
Wed Feb 27 22:07:30 CET 2008

Of course we should allow for trailing combining marks.

The reason that the trailing combining marks were forbidden earlier was
because of the defective IDNA2003 bidi restrictions, which allowed labels
that shouldn't have been allowed, and disallowed labels that should have
been. So I was including both that under the phrase "better". The latter
part is also covered by the next bullet (about effective use).

So I don't think we need the bullet about "mnemonics" -- it just confuses
the issue.

Mark

--
Mark