WG Review: Internationalized Domain Name (idn)

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Wed Feb 27 21:18:35 CET 2008

--On Wednesday, 27 February, 2008 10:07 -0800 Mark Davis
<mark.davis at unicode.org> wrote:

> So my suggestion would be to replace the above two bullets
> with:
>
> - Revise the restrictions on labels to provide for better
> visual disambiguation in the cases where characters would be
> subject to bidirectional reordering.

Mark,

I assume that the "additional mnemonics" text was intended to
permit the modifications that started the IDNA bidi discussions,
i.e., to permit trailing combining marks so as to make mnemonics
based on Dhivehi, a larger number of mnemonics based on Yiddish,
etc., possible.  If the work were confined to "visual
disambiguation", as you seem to suggest above, that change would
be excluded.  Is that what you have in mind?