character set for Nepali IDN

Sarmad Hussain sarmad.hussain at nu.edu.pk
Tue Feb 19 17:01:12 CET 2008

Dear John and all,

Agreed that some of the restrictions (PVALID --> DISALLOWED) can go to
language tables, at the registry level.

However, it is important that that none of the PVALID characters in a
language (as determined by its community) are labelled as DISALLOWED by the
IDNAbis revision process, because it would not be possible to override
DISALLOWED status through the language tables.  That is the case because
applications will not allow users to type in DISALLOWED characters in the
IDNs (as is the current practice).

Regards,
Sarmad