Historic scripts as MAYBE?

John C Klensin klensin at jck.com
Fri Feb 1 08:48:31 CET 2008

--On Friday, 01 February, 2008 15:56 +0900 Martin Duerst
<duerst at it.aoyama.ac.jp> wrote:

> [This is a reply on the public list to some private comment by
> Ken. It is a bit late because I asked Ken for permission to
> publish his part. So it may be irrelevant because of the
> latest evolvements of the discussion.]
>
> At 03:21 08/01/30, Kenneth Whistler wrote:

> I have to say that I'm very far from sold on the concept of
> MAYBE, but cloud it make sense to have historic scripts such
> as Runic as MAYBE?

As of around last weekend, the historic scripts had, indeed,
been added to MAYBE.

As of now, the current working hypotheses are that MAYBE is dead
and that CONTEXTUAL RULE REQUIRED is treated, not as a separate
and non-overlapping category, but as an overlay test, much like
bidi.

Updates and, I hope, explanations, coming.