final sigma and tonos

Erik van der Poel erikv at google.com
Fri Feb 1 03:08:19 CET 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 5:41 PM, Kenneth Whistler <kenw at sybase.com> wrote:
> Sure. Any *non*character, e.g. U+FDD0..U+FDEF, U+FFFF, etc.
> [...]

Thanks for a very complete answer!

I was just trying to see if we could somehow satisfy Vaggelis' request
to support his full name in IDNA. However, I'm guessing that typing a
private use character or any of the other alternatives that you
mentioned would be harder than simply typing a hyphen between his
first and last names, so perhaps the hyphen is the best way to tell a
displayer to use the final sigma (when a sigma appears before the
hyphen).

Erik