06FD and 06FE should be PVALID for Sindhi

Paul Hoffman phoffman at imc.org
Tue Apr 1 17:38:44 CEST 2008

At 9:46 AM -0400 4/1/08, John C Klensin wrote:
>Unless there is some fundamental issue that we do not know about, or
>unless it is appropriate and possible to correct the property
>assignments in Unicode 5.1, I think these character should go into
>the Exceptions table as he suggests.

Based on the description from Sarmad and John's followup, that sounds
fine. However, we need to hear, formally or informally, from The
Unicode Consortium, before we do so.

It would be fine to hear that they are correcting this in Unicode 5.1
if they are going to. It would be fine to hear a strong assurance
that they are correcting this in a future version if they are going
to. In either case, we would then not need to add an exception.

It would be fine to hear that they do not intend to make the change
because they don't think it is a correction, but they have no problem
with us adding this as an exception. We could certainly then add it
to our exceptions list.

What would be bad to hear from the Unicode Consortium, but we should
give them an opportunity to say so, is "no, that's wrong, please
don't make an exception". At that point, the WG needs to decide how
to move forward on the topic.