baking into the protocol

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Dec 21 11:18:13 CET 2006

At 19:08 +0900 2006-12-21, Martin Duerst wrote:

>Yes. The amount of danger comming from script mixtures depends
>extremely strongly on the scripts involved. That's why any kind of
>general solution, even in the form of a recommendation, is probably
>a bad idea.

It is shocking to me how blithe you seem to be about security. A huge
swathe of potential problems (including digit spoofing in Brahmic
scripts) is solved with a script-mixing ban. There are many other
potential problems which need addressing too, within scripts.

I stand by my caveat. I don't see a better or safer solution.