[R-C] LEDBAT - introductions?

Zaheduzzaman Sarker zaheduzzaman.sarker at ericsson.com
Wed Apr 11 13:39:55 CEST 2012

On 2012-04-05 13:53, Michael Welzl wrote:

> I don't think anybody advocated using LEDBAT as it is here. But
> personally, I would favor "adjusting" LEDBAT by e.g. adding the "TCP
> equation as a lower limit" trick (which I think is neat!) and tuning
> its parameters over having a from-scratch design of a new delay-based
> mechanism. LEDBAT has already undergone some investigation, and so
> we'd have a more stable basis.
I am sure LEDBAT CC algorithm has gone through strict examination and
serves its purpose but as pointed out by others (Jim) those were not
related to real-time interactive media.

LEDBAT CC algorithm is window based (Congestion window) that is one
extra queue at the sender side. I think Magnus Westerlund has already
pointed out the possible issues with this kind of design in another mail.

The path of fine tuning of LEDBAT may not be as smooth as one think.

BR
--
Zahed

ANM ZAHEDUZZAMAN SARKER