[R-C] Strawman: Requirements

Wesley Eddy wes at mti-systems.com
Wed Oct 19 03:37:00 CEST 2011

> What do you think?

A good start; thanks for kicking off this part of the discussion.

I think it would be useful to structure tests around the expectations
that BCP 133 / RFC 5033 describe.  Some of the things in the "required
results" list you sent speak towards things in that RFC, but not fully,
and the approach doesn't seem quite right; for instance, why is 30%
a magic number?  RFC 5166 provides metrics that we will probably want
to capture an analyze.  Another document that is more geared towards TCP
simulations, but may be helpful for ideas, is draft-irtf-tmrg-tests.

--
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems