[RTW] New proposed charter text. Please review before the BoF.

Peter Musgrave peter.musgrave at magorcorp.com
Mon Mar 28 09:35:05 CEST 2011

I agree multi-point with application level multicast scales badly but in a the cases where there are only 3 or 4 parties I think it can be an effective technique (and in those cases often simpler than try to insert an RTP mixer somewhere).

However, if this is done at the application layer then as far as the protocol is concerned it is a collection of point-to-point connections and does not need specific protocol support.

Peter