[RTW] New proposed charter text. Please review before the BoF.

Ted Hardie ted.ietf at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 20:46:59 CET 2011

2011/3/17 Philippe Le Hegaret <plh at w3.org>:
> On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 09:18 -0700, Ted Hardie wrote:
>> 8.     Provide W3C input for the APIs that comes from the
>> communication model and the selected components and protocols that are
>> part of the solution.
>
> >From a W3C point, I'd like to understand what item 8 means. W3C is
> putting in place a working group to develop the APIs.
>
> Will the IETF Group also work on them in order to provide input?
>
> There is certainly a need for coordination between the two groups but
> I'm concerned that the IETF Group would work on the APIs...
>
> Regards,
>
> Philippe

Probably poor wording on my part; the intent here was to say that the
IETF would provide W3C with information on the communication models
and underlying protocols so that they could develop the APIs with this
data in hand.

As many have noted, coordination of the work  is critical to getting a
working system, and we've tried different ways of putting that in the
charter.  But I think that it's a general feeling that just needs
capturing well.

regards,

Ted Hardie