[RTW] Review of draft-holmberg-rtcweb-ucreqs-00 (Web Real-Time Communication Use-cases and Requirements)

Christer Holmberg christer.holmberg at ericsson.com
Mon Mar 14 14:40:35 CET 2011

Hi,

>> Even if only talking about codecs, we also need to talk how deep into detail we want to go.
>>
>> For example, things like: "codec X can only be used when codec Y is not used" etc.
>Is there a real life example of this situation, or are you just imagining the possibility?

H.245. Probably you can do it with SDP CapNeg also...

Anyway, my point was that even if the browser implements codec X, it doesn't mean it able to use it (or, use all resolution variants etc) in all situations.

Also, related to that, when a browser resources reservation (e.g. a codec) fails, we need to consider how detailed information about the actual error(s) the browser needs to provide to the application.

Regards,

Christer