[RTW] RTP Session Multiplexing (Re: Fwd: I-D Action:draft-perkins-rtcweb-rtp-usage-00.txt)

Harald Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Mon Mar 7 13:44:02 CET 2011

On 03/07/11 11:19, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Colin Perkins, Joerg Ott and I have created this draft about RTC-WEB's
> usage of RTP. Feedback and discussion are most appreciated.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus

Thank you, Magnus!

Changing the subject line to take one topic at a time:

Section 2.1 is stated almost totally in the negative: "because of THESE
considerations, do NOT do that". I have problems parsing that.

In the RTCWEB situation, we will commonly have the situation (crummy
ASCII art alert):

   Participant  ---->  FW  ----> FW ----> Participant

     -----------------> Audio -------------->
     -----------------> Video --------------->

(I am too lazy to add RTCP into the picture)

Due to the cost of firewall transition mechanisms, holding many port
pairs open is an expensive proposition, so the issue has been raised.

Exactly what assignment of streams to <address, port, SSRC, PT> is the
draft proposing that we use?

                    Harald