[RTW] Rate control and codec adaption (Re: [dispatch] The charter formerly know as RTC-WEB take 3)

Justin Uberti juberti at google.com
Fri Jan 21 20:43:37 CET 2011

TFRC isn't perfect, but it seems to work pretty well in practice. The RTP
extension header overhead of 12 bytes per packet is fairly nominal (1%) at
today's video bitrates, as is the cost of the RTCP feedback message.

I'm not aware of any other standards-track bandwidth estimation algorithms
designed to work with RTP/UDP.