[RTW] [dispatch] Charter proposal: The activity hitherto knownas "RTC-WEB at IETF"

Ali C. Begen (abegen) abegen at cisco.com
Mon Jan 17 18:49:46 CET 2011

What you are referring to is not a transport protocol, rather I guess we could call it encapsulation format.

And for different vendors' systems to interoperate (for http streaming), there needs to be more than just supporting the same encapsulation format. FWIW, many of the methods do use mp4-based fragments unlike Apple (of course with or without their own special boxes). There is already work undertaken in MPEG in this area. IMO, doing the same work but a few years late is not a much wise move.

-acbegen