[RTW] Gateways and does anyone think "H.264 for ever"?

Ralph Giles giles at thaumas.net
Wed Jan 12 11:01:18 CET 2011

On 7 January 2011 10:20, Aron Rosenberg <arosenberg at logitech.com> wrote:

> Theora is not a valid choice for a video chat/conferencing codec. It has far
> too much internal delay and doesn't come close to the real-time performance
> of vp8/libvpx or H.264.

One frame is too much internal delay? Perhaps you're confusing
theora/libtheora with its http streaming performance in the ogg
container. If there really is an issue with libtheora's internal
delay, could you please elaborate?

There are other issues of course. For example, I'm not aware of a
theora encoder that supports rolling intra.

 -r